INC. ANNOUNCES THE RELEASE OF VERSION 4.0 OF SHIPS™
As part of Version 4.0, SHIPS™ now includes support for
AES Filing (Automated Export System). The
AES module will enable you to electronically generate and upload your SED
filings (Shipper's Export Declaration), directly to the U.S. Census. This module
also includes comprehensive data verification rules to ensure complete and
accurate compliance with government regulations.
This is a rather extensive module, which required changes throughout the
system as well as several additional menu selections. There is also a registration process involved with
implementing this module and additional data uploads required to support the
verification process. The following are some of the
upgrades for SHIPS Version 4.0:
- AES Direct Functionality (Described above)
- AES file generation and electronic filing
- AES Confirmation and Verification
- AES Quick fix and re-filing capabilities
- New Forms
- Chile Free Trade Agreement
- No Wood Certificate
- New form created for Caribbean Common Marked
- New Functionality Blanket NAFTA
- New Print Program to produce a Blanket NAFTA form
- NAFTA Preference Enhancements.
- NAFTA rules base configuration. This new feature
allows you to accurately classify your purchased items for NAFTA and
Country of Origin Classification. This
is handled by a set of schedule B rules based configuration logic.
This determines your country of origin and the NAFTA preferential
treatment of your manufactured items based on percentages and costs.
These values are obtained through your item’s Bill of Material or
your item configuration.
- Additional NAFTA certification fields
- Prints the "NAFTA Pref" value and
description on forms if selected.
- HTS Number utilization in the Export Module
- HTS Number can now be specified for all Export
- Ability to choose (by form) whether to use
Schedule B or HTS Number
- All forms updated to print the appropriate
- Import Module Improvements:
- The SHIPS Import Module has also been enhanced to
make the importing process simpler. This
allows companies to manage the costs of importing, obtain the duty
drawback they are entitled to, and to have accurate and verifiable records
to substantiate their claims.
- Miscellaneous other modifications:
- Multiple Countries of Origin functionality.
This is maintainable at the Export Item level, as well as the
Export Maintenance level. All export documents were also modified to list the
multiple countries selected
- Expanded the Port of Entry field to 40 characters
in several places including the F2 help.
- Added validation to Port of Export and Port of
Entry in Routing Maintenance
- Added “Package Detail” to the Export Item
- Audit Trail recording has been greatly enhanced.
The developers of the SHIPS™ package are always
working on improving the software and keeping up with the perpetually changing
Government regulations. We are
currently working on the globalization of the SHIPS™ package to enable
overseas companies as well as those in the United States to take advantage of
the features we provide. This
globalization feature, though not complete, has great potential in for our
Customers with international interests as well as the international market
P.O. Box 266
Red Hook, NY 12571 USA;
PROGRESS is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation
MFG/PRO is a registered trademark of QAD Inc.
Quantum and Vertex are trademarks of Vertex, Inc.
UNIX is a registered trademark of UNIX Systems Laboratories
SHIPS is a trademark of Sepesi, Inc.